By Mel Sala, Designer
What’s a great way to make your ad stand out? Change the format. With Installation advertising, the sky’s the limit (sometimes literally). Installation advertising is all about incorporating an ad’s surroundings into the ad itself. This strategy can be extremely effective because not only is the viewer totally impressed by the out-of-the-box idea, installation ads generate a lot of attention. They can generate so much attention that they end up becoming an attraction of their own, drawing in tourists and passersby who all stop to stare and take photos. Check out 19 of the genius installation ads we found.
1. Lego proves that the sky’s the limit with Installation Advertising.
2. Cherokee “Passport Check” by The Goss Agency.
2. FedEx Kinkos takes to the street to show off its office supplies.
3. McDonald’s entices everyone with their free coffee promotion.
4. Mondo Pasta makes some mondo-sized noodles out of rope.
5. Nike shows us a very expensive example of Installation Advertising.
6. Pantene channels Rapunzel to inform everyone about their Anti-breakage Shampoo.
7. Rimmel introduces their Quick Dry nail polish.
8. Terminix doesn’t want termites snacking on your house.
9. Hubba Bubba is famous for its 6 feet of gum.
10. This Casino ad is really making me want to play roulette.
11. This ad for a Plastic Surgeon is encouraging people to be born again.
12. This Mini Cooper ad challenges you to test your handling skills in the restroom.
13. Mr. Clean proves again that he can make all things shiny and bright.
14. This elevator ad is a terrifying illusion. Mission accomplished.
15. FedEx creatively disses their competition.
16. What an unexpected surprise at the bottom of an escalator.
17. Clark Kent does a quick change with the opening of the elevator doors.
18. Hopefully the riders on this bus aren’t feeling constricted.
19. I hope no one called 9-1-1 before reading the bumper sticker.